Wednesday, 4 March 2009

The start of school.

So classes started on Monday, all went relatively smoothly except one of my international relations courses. It turned out to be an intro to IPE (which i have already done) so I had to switch to another. Narrowed it down to two options and decided to attend both: Politics of sex and sexuality and Dicatorships and revolutions. Lasted maybe 20 min in teh sex class before bolting, not my thang. Dictatorships and revolutions was everything i could ever want though lol. It looks like a great class and I'm super excited for it.
I'm definitely going to have a lot of work this semester and will need to stay on top of things. I still need a couple textbooks but i was holding off buying them until I had been to the used book sale (which is today and tomorrow). Well the used book sale was useless and there was nothing for any of my courses (the macro textbook was from the 1980s...um i THINK macro theory has changed quite a bit since then....) so now I have to buy the $160 and $130 macro textbooks (why do i need two exactly? i'm not sure..but that's whats required) and the $80 law and econ txtbook. ugh not a good day.
Went to a bedouin soundclash concert last night, drank a bit much (stupid low tolerance) so not feeling 100% today. Hung out with the band after the concert...musicians (esp lead singers) really are not my style. arrogant. although not the whole band was, the guys who played instruments (like the trumpet, saxophone and bass) were cool. the drummer and lead singer were not exactly my cup of tea.
Signed up for the environmental club (got sucked into it), international development club, and tramping club. also will be playing on an intramural soccer team with some other international students (i think...if we get our stuff together). Still running and the runs are getting much better! my ankle is feeling almost perfect...still tweaks sometimes (especially on curbs or uneven/sloped ground) but no swelling and its holding up to the runs well. No soreness or stiffness afterwards, so that is good! Will think about starting sprinting soon...ugh i hate sprinting. Haven't found anywhere to lift yet, the rec center here is like $100 a semester, erm no thanks.

alright off to do readings like a good little student....

2 comments:

Crackie said...

they have an international development club??? I want in.

Hrafnhildur Helga said...

Hello... I saw on your blog (actually from 2007) that you had stayed at Sheepcote with David and Serena Pincus, and I really wanted to know a little more about the working pupil position and how it was for others.

I was really glad when I found your blog (I googled sheepcote) and read your inerpretition of the expirience.
I would be really glad if I can get your email and ask you some questions about this and maybe get some pictures of the facilities since I'm going there next summer, and I don't have any idea what to expect.

Please contact me at hrahgud@verslo.is if you can see yourself able to answer my questions and give me a little advices regarding to the position. I though it was great to find your blog and get a little idea of it, but it would be awesome if I could talk to you from the first hand and get it straight to the face from someone who has already expirienced it.

Thanks alot in advance! =)

Kind regards,
Hrafnhildur
hrahgud@verslo.is