So I have been terrible about posting and now I feel like so much has happened that it would just be too much to blog about.
Kallan and I finished up our trip. We missed our plane to the South Island but managed to catch a later one (for quite the price) and got to Christchurch just a little behind schedule. Once on the South Island things went very smoothly. The trip was whirlwind but amazing. By the time we got to Queenstown we were too exhausted even to go out and enjoy the (apparantly amazing) night life. Milford Sound was gorgeous, as were the Catlins (we went for a horse trek there and it was beautiful!). Met up with Eric (family friend) who is studying in Dunedin and had a nice weekend with his flatmates and him. And then before we knew it it was time to fly back to good ol' Welly for school to start again.
I'm not goign to lie, I was pretty happy to get back to Wellington and a real bed. It was not nice to get back to classes. I'm finding myself more and more bored with the classes/work here and it makes it harder to get motivated and do the work. I'm managing but not with great grades.
Socially life is getting more diverse. Kallan and I have branched out and met more people. One girl, Hannah, is going to Queen's on exchange in September so it will be fun having a piece of NZ back in K-town. Kallan is also considering coming back to do another semester at Queen's before going to Vancouver to work at the olympics. I really hope she decidesto come back because other wise I'll really miss her.
I'm definitely fully settled into NZ life. While I still walk too fast for the sidewalks (everyone walks so friggin slow here!!) and I still enjoy my starbucks now and then, I don't find that I'm missing "American" things quite as much (although my first step back into an American mall with stores I know will be very nice). I'm only pony-sick occasionally, and I've come to terms with waiting until August to play Lax again.
The weather is turning colder and wetter, and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to enjoy the next couple months of it. My room is extremely damp and chilly, very hard to warm. I need to buy another blanket for my bed as I already sleep in a sweatshirt and sweatpants and get quite cold at night.
I'm trying to figure out what to do this summer. Initially I was going to go to Australia, but thendue to money/lack of travel partner I was considering staying in NZ and getting an internship. Now that Kallan's plans have changed and she isn't going to Queenstown to work she has expressed interest in goign to Australia with me, but I still think that an internship here would be a great experience. I may try to have my cake and eat it too and do both somehow. First I haveto see if I can even get an internship here!
alright off todo readings before braving the rain and going to class!
xoxo
2 comments:
MORE PICTURES!!!
I can't believe you went to Milford Sound without ME!
Post a Comment